This course is an introduction to bracing design for cold-formed steel structures By studying this course, you will learn about the functions of different types of bracing for both compression and flexural members. Additionally, you will learn about the prevalent bracing models that are used by both the AISC and AISI Standards. Finally, you will be introduced to the limit states of global, local, and distortional buckling.
Specific Learning Objectives
• Learn the functions of bracing for compression and flexural members.
• Learn the differences between Relative, Discrete, Continuous, and Lean-on bracing.
• Learn the importance of brace stiffness
• Learn the basis of bracing models used in the AISI and AISC Standards.
• Learn the limit states of global, local, and distortional buckling.